Book Review - Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

Title : Fangirl

Author : Rainbow Rowell

Genre : YA Romance

So, last December and January, the team of Pan Macmillan were hosting a YA Readathon and Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell was my second book for the same. I had read Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell before so there was no brainer on what book I would choose next since there is a huge fan following for Carry On and I had to start from where the actual story originated.

Fangirl is the story of two twin sisters - Cath and Wren. Cath is more of an introvert but is famous online due to her growing popularity of her fan fiction on Simon and Baz whereas Wren is the more on the extroverted side of the personality. Both are freshmen at University of Nebraska and decides to live life on their own terms by taking their own choices including different rooms. We explore Cath's journey here with her roommate Reagan and her friend Levi, her classmate Nick and her mother who had abandoned her when she was a child. There isn't much that I can reveal here without giving out spoilers so I would recommend you guys to read the book to know more on the plot.

This is one of the books that I would absolutely recommend if you guys are planning to read a YA romance. Unlike the other clichΓ©d ones, I felt this book was much more closer to reality and does bring a smile on your face when we keep seeing the main lead cajoling one other. The snippets on Simon and Baz are pretty interesting to read to and I literally kept looking forward at times to read those at the end of the chapter.

The writing has been pretty similar to her Eleanor and Park with the chapters pretty breezy and easy to read. I was pretty happy that with other novels from the same genre, this one hardly bored me and had a bit of freshness that would surely bring a smile to your faces. Not too complicated for anyone picking up this genre for the first time and is pretty much one of the best books I read last year. The only reason Im taking out one star here were certain portions of the book were left open-ended and I would have loved if they were given a closure.

My Ratings - 🌟🌟🌟🌟

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts: The Spoken Word

Series Review : Orisha Series by Tomi Adeyemi

Book Review : The Dutch House by Ann Patchett